GLASS YARN COVERED
DescriptionYarn covered winding wires meet the most demanding requirements of the electrotechnical industry. Our fiber covered wires are lapped with glass or with a combination of mixed glass/polyester fibers.
- Silix®: glass yarn covered and varnish impregnated
- Daglas: thermally fused yarn combination of glass and polyester fibers, available both unvarnished and varnished.
- VTV: combination of mixed glass /polyester fibers and impregnated glass yarn.
- VS: yarn covered with outstanding thermal and mechanical properties, based on polyamide-imide or polyimide enamel for the conductor insula-
tion and the covering impregnation.
Our yarn covered wires are ideal for applications where the wire insulation requires
improved mechanical properties, for example in:
- rotor and stator windings
- electrical motors (low- and high-voltage)
- traction motors
- wind turbine generators
- conductor strands or Roebel bars
- large power generators (hydro, turbo)
- Wires with improved mechanical strength
- High-performance yarns and impregnation varnishes
- Wide range of insulation builds possible: standard, very thin or reinforced
- Own means of production for a broad range of round and flat enamelled wires
Technical Data Sheets: